Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Today's blog is brought to you by the letter B and viewers like you!

I feel the need to pay tribute to some prominent things in my life, to create a little snapshot of the current me, and conveniently enough, these things all start with B.

Beefy Crunch
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Taco Bell's Beefy Crunch Burrito...
Layers of seasoned ground beef, rice, warm nacho cheese sauce, reduced fat sour cream and Flamin’ Hot ® Fritos® wrapped in a warm, flour tortilla.
And only 99 cents!
I can't even explain to you the deliciocity of this glorious concoction.  It's cheesy and crunchy and beefy and spicy and yummy and filling.  Let's just say I swung by Taco Bell multiple times a week to pick up one of these bad boys and Jess and I have made our own for special occasions (like the Super Bowl).
Unfortunately, this was a limited time deal and the Beefy Crunch can no longer be found at your local Taco Bell.  May we forever remember its short, but full, life and all of the joy that it brought into ours.

Side note: It is complimented perfectly with Mountain Dew's Baja Blast, exclusively at Taco Bell. 

Backwaiter
I have been working at PF Changs since September.  I started as a hostess and sometime around late October or early November I trained to be a Backwaiter.  At first, it was terrifying and I kinda of hated it so I stuck with hosting (also, I was pretty bad at it).  But lately (as several of our adorable lil prego ladies move over to the host stand) I've been scheduled primarily as a Backwaiter, and I LOVE it! It is so busy and stressful and exhausting, but so so fun.  Plus, I can make more money *wink*
Ok, I added this later -- Erika and I with our warrior friend.
A lot of restaurants don't have Backwaiters, so when people ask, I usually tell them this: "You know how your server takes your order and brings you drinks and comes by periodically to make sure you're ok and then some random person brings you your food? That's me."  Yup, I'm the stranger with the giant tray, bringing happiness to everyone.


Baby Mama
Ok, this isn't really new, but it's still going on.
And it's apartment-wide.
We are obsessed with Baby Mama.  We could watch it two days in a row, or even three (and we have).  It never gets old.  Any small triumph in our apartment if promptly followed by this sound (skip to 0:36):


We write things on the fridge like "Bi*ch, I don't know your life!" with the magnetic letters.
We often wish we were at Arby's, because there's better food and cooler people!
We resolve arguments with the phrase, "You have to admit it's a valid suggestion."
We frame our face at dance parties.
We ♥ Baby Mama. 

Break, Prison 
(ok, that's kind of a stretch...)

Jess and I have become addicted to Prison Break (thank you, Netflix). 
Like, ok-just-one-more-episode-before-bed-after-3-40-minute-episodes-already kind of addicted.
It may or may not have anything to do with the attractiveness of these men:
Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield
Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows
Ball so hard!
Nothing gets me more pumped than this song.
N*ggas In Paris by Jay-Z & Kanye West on Grooveshark

"Blue Drank"

Also not new.  But I would be remiss if I were to leave out our go-to soda, Mountain Dew Voltage -- more affectionately called "blue drank."  It comes along with our good friends Doritos and Buy Low Bread on any and all picnics and makes a great morning pick-me-up for those of us who don't get around to breakfast.
Some people do the "gallon challenge."  We use a 2-Liter of blue drank instead. (For the record: Kyle lost)
Some people do shots of tequila.  We do shots of blue drank.
So let's raise our glasses of varying shapes and sizes (mine is a boot cup), and enjoy Pepsi's greatest invention: Voltage!




I'm sure there are more and I sincerely apologize for any chronological discrepancies as this blog post was written in pieces over a several month period.  I will now leave you with some B-inspired tunes:
- "Blow" - Ke$ha
- "Only the Young" - Brandon Flowers
- "Black and Yellow" - Wiz Khalifa
- "Biblical Sense of the Word" - Quiet Company
- "Never Say Never" - the Biebz


1 comment:

Unknown said...

No Comments?! How can this blog post have NO comments?! I loved the Baby Mama clip and the "Break, prison" stretch. This whole post was so good that it inspired me. Thank you, Sarah, and keep it coming!