Saturday, September 25, 2010

That's not Jess slurping her cereal really loud- That's the rain.

I feel like my last post was kind of a downer.
But don't worry; some good things have happened too.


There was an awesome thunder and lightning storm the other day- with hail and wind and dark clouds and everything. That night, when I was driving home from Salt Lake, the clouds broke and as I looked out over the city, she took my breath away. I wish I could find a picture that even compared to the beauty I saw there. With the moon shining through the white clouds against the dark sky over the city lights... *love it* This one is pretty close to what I saw as I rolled into Salt Lake that morning (minus the snow on the mountains).


And I'm making progress with that "new and improved" thing.
So far, I have

made an apple pie from scratch (I'm legit)

fixed the toilet

painted a picture:
visited my godnephew

become a bit of a Hermoine Granger in my classes

and made friends with Debbie,
an older woman who lives around the corner.






Also, I have some really great roommates. It's nice to feel so comfortable so quickly around the people with whom you live. It makes it feel more like home. Plus, it's fun =]

I wish Kat was in this picture though =(





Love you girls!










What I should be doing: Spanish practice test, clearing off my desk, looking for a job...
What I'm listening to: trying to drown out the BYU marching band across the street with some Katie Herzig and a little Parlor Hawk

No comments: